Earth Bar ~ What? Where? When?
"The Legend of Mick Dodge" TV series, on National Geographic TV, has already sparked a new idea -- emerging on the north shore of Lake Tahoe: the first (?!) Earth Bar.
What's an Earth Bar?
Like a sports bar, for the Earth!
- Where people gather to watch Earth-wise programming like "The Legend of Mick Dodge."
- Where people share their personal 'touchdown' in the Earth, their practices with the wild, how we might better live in harmony with our natural environment, and their insights from watching the show.
- Has a TV with the Nat-Geo channel (or willing to get it)
- Has a phone or internet connection for a video call with Mick Dodge.
- Actively cares for the Earth -- through commitments such as locally grown food, minimizing plastic and paper use, bike friendly location, energy saving measures, etc.
The idea of an Earth Bar emerged in Tahoe's Incline Village as it became clear that lots of people who wanted to watch "The Legend of Mick Dodge" didn't have cable TV.
Earthgym co-founder Jacquie Chandler and local enthusiasts quickly realized that it was much more fun and interesting to watch the show together. And, Mick agreed to talk with them live from the Olympic Mountains.
The enthusiasm at the first gathering led to subsequent weekly gatherings -- and conversations about what an Earth Bar could be in communities all over the country.
What do you think about this?
Is there room after Monday Night Football for the Tuesday Night Earth Bar?
Where could you gather with your friends and neighbors in the Earth Bar spirit?